Thursday 16 January 2014

Brake Pipes

I have done the copper brake pipe runs from the position the master cylinder will be to the front and rear.
I actually used Cupro Nickel pipe (having originally just purchased normal copper pipe) as I heard this was a lot more hardy and would resist work hardening better than the pure copper pipe.

The job was not too bad, and the flaring was made easy by the hand held Sykes-Picavant Flaremaster tool.

Here are some pictures of my progress:







I found it easy to bend the pipe gently by hand, rather than using the tool in the kit, as I had more control over where the bend was and how tight, or gentle, a radius I wanted on the bend.

I have not fixed any of these pipes in place yet as I will test fit the engine and gearbox before I do this. I want to avoid drilling unnecessary holes in the chassis, as it will just be more places for water to get in.

I also got some brake flexies direct from HEL as this was the cheapest place I could find and they have a neat little tool where you can customise your own on their website. I went for red ones to match the final colour scheme of the car (not that you will really ever see them)




No comments:

Post a Comment