Tuesday 21 January 2014

Tremec TKO600 has arrived

Well, I have to say that Brian at Roadcraft provides an excellent service. I contacted him just before Christmas to order a gearbox, he told me that he was expecting a delivery at the beginning of Jan, and he would call me then. I got the phone call last week, ordered the gearbox I wanted and asked for it to be delivered on a certain day, and hey presto! it turned up as promised.



We unpacked everything, as it was like Christmas all over again, and set about working on the bell housing alignment. Using a handy dial gauge that my dad happened to have lying around, the measurements were taken at all points of the clock. You can see below what we came up with.



Measurements here are in thousandth's of an inch. The paper work that came with the box told us that we should see positives on the opposite side of the clock face to negatives, which is exactly right. By adding these opposites together, and then dividing by 2, this gives us the amount we have to bring the negative side out by to straighten it all up.

For example:

3 o'clock = +18
9 o'clock = -11
Sum of both = 29 (18+11)
Half of both = 14.5

So, now we just have to figure out how to bring the 9 0'clock position out by this amount.

I will post more updates as we go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment